Monday 11 August 2014

E.l.f Haul

You may have seen that I posted a blog the other day to let you all know that E.l.f cosmetics had a 50% off everything sale. I had been waiting on this since the last one back in july so was in my element when it came back on. In total I spent £32 and received 17 products for this. 

I ordered all this on the Friday and received my package the following thurday. From the picture below you can see it was all packaged very well. Each item comes in its very own box or packet which is fantastic for how little all this cost me. 



To make this a little easier I have numbered each of the products I bought. I'm not going to ramble on im just going to get right in to this....



1. High Definition Powder - I had no idea what this was until I looked it up. Seemingly it's meant to create a flawless "soft focus" effect to the skin and mask fine lines and imperfections. A lot of make-up artists use this for photo shoots. This hasnt been used yet but the effects on the back of my hand seem to do what it says on the tin. I will start using this and keep you all updated on what its like on the face. 

2. Tone Correcting Powder - For all of you that read my blog will have seen me write about my complexion being all over the place just now so when I seen this nifty little palette on their website I knew I had to get it. This hasnt been used yet either. The pigmentation from swatching it doesnt seem great but can tell it will really matte out uneven skin tones. Watch this space...

3. Blush (left pic - mellow mauve & right pic - twinkle pink) - Mellow Mauve is a very matte finish which is good. The only thing I will say about this one is the pigmentation could be a little better. Twinkle Pink is very good with regards to the pigmentation but a little too glittery for me, it will be good on a night out. I would also say that this is a little more on the peachy side. Rumour has is that sometimes the same colours of blush may be better quality than others?! Personally I cannot comment on this but would love to know what others think.

4. Warm Bronzer - The colour pay off from this bronzer is fantastic. Really love how it can be used in so many ways. You can use each colour individually or mix them all together which makes is great for highlighting and contouring. This has been used every day since i got it. 

5. Translucent Matifying Powder - This stuff is fantastic. I have never been a fan of those oil dabby thingys for your face out on the go but this to me seems to replace that. Just dab a little on the oily places on your face and it really does matify. Handy sponge with it too and the mirror inside makes life sooooo easy.


6. Plumping Lip Glaze - The idea with this is to put the white end on your lips first then the colour but I find this too slippery and the colour pay off isnt good at all. It has a minty feel to it and gives a very very slight plumping effect but I have to say I'm slightly dissapointed with this and thing there are far better "budget" plumping lip glosses out there. 

7. Moisurizing Lipstick (as stated on the lippy)- I'm impressed with this lipstick. Feels really soft and nourishing on the lips and the colour pay off is good too. This is colour Pink Minx and really good for every day wear. It doesnt have any glitter in it but not matte at the same time.

8. Mineral Lip Tint - This applies too sheer, its almost like a crappy lipgloss. Deffo not long lasting. I got this in colour Blush. It tastes good but that the only good thing I can say about it. 

9. Lipstick (left pic - Sociable & right pic - Seductive) - These lippys are the cheaper ones that E.l.f sell. Very Impressed with these for like £1 each. The colour pay off is great and they apply really well. Not too shimmery either. The only bad point about these is the packaging, when you twist the lippy up on both of these they jam ever so slightly but I can live with that. 

10. Makeup Remover Pen - Great idea on paper but the main thing I will be using this for is tyding up my eye after attempting (attempting being the main word here) cat eyes with black eyeliner. At the weekend I had a little play about with this and the pen seems to retain what has just been wiped away so when you go to use it again the makeup you just wiped off transfers on to the skin again. Please inform me if I am using this wrong. 

11. Makeup brushes - From top to bottom:

  • Small Stipple Brush - I have watched a lot of YouTube videos and seen a lot of stipple brushes being used so when I seen this in the sale for £2 I couldnt resisist. The brush is so soft and is a great size to get right in to the smaller parts of your face. 
  • Stipple Brush - So you guessed it, this is the same as the small one but a bit bigger for the larger areas on your face. You can pretty much use these brushes with any product and it should give you a "flawless airbrushed look" So far so good, Im loving these.
  • Powder Brush - From all the brushes I bought this one is slowly becoming my favourite. I have been using this to buff out and blend in my liquid foundation and it works a treat. Leaves me with no patches and really works the foundation in to the skin. It does state on the packet that this brush is perfect for contouring but in my opinion its a little big for that (who uses brushes as stated on the packeging anyways??)
  • Pointed Foundation Brush - Great shape to this brush. I have been finding it perfect for blending in my concealer around my eyes, nose and mouth. Soft but firm (does that make any sense??) Really good brush.
  • Complexion Brush - This brush is very soft and flexible. Not something I would normally have picked up but have soon came to realise its great for applying powder for a matte finish. It evenly distributes over the whole face with very little effort. 
All these brushes were just under £2 each which is flipping fantastic for the quality, even at full price they are cheap as chips. 

And that it, thats everything I bought from E.l.f . Slightly mixed bag but on the whole I am impressed with this brand. The prices are so affordable especially when they hold a 50% off everything sale. Will deffo be looking out for this offer again. 

Hope you have enjoyed my E.l.f haul :)

Normally I would have uploaded a video to Youtube for this but I feel that I dont have the right editing apps yet so if anyone can help me here please email me. Contact details are on the tabs on my blog.

xXx


1 comment:

  1. Hey!
    I've just looked though your blog and I love it! I have nominated you for the Liebster Awards. For more information go to: http://sammiesextraordinarylife.blogspot.co.uk/

    Sammie
    x

    ReplyDelete